Fine Art by H. Frankie Balek
Frankie Balek is a psychotherapist and artist who resides in Doylestown, PA.
“I try to evoke a mood or feeling in my work that resonates or tells a story to the observer.”
Influenced by the old master’s dramatic use of light and shadow,
she uses oil as her medium in painting still lifes, portraits, and landscapes.
Frankie also paints still life commissioned pieces utilizing personal objects of the buyer.
Since childhood, art has always been important to her, studying with various teachers and taking many workshops. Working with Frank Arcuri for three years instilled a love of painting the drama of the light as seen in the works of the old masters.
Recent and current juried and local shows:
- Benjamin Perry Award~ September 2016 New Hope Historical Society Annual Art Show
- 2016 New Hope Art League Annual Art Show-May 22
- Membership: Oil Painters of America
- Artsbridge 21st Annual Juried Art Show, July 11- August 2 2015
- Philadelphia Sketch Club Juried Art Show, June 2015
- 2015 29th Annual Byers Bucks Fever Juried Art Exhibition @ Health and Wellness Center, Warrington, PA
- 2013 27th Annual Byers Bucks Fever Juried Art Exhibition @ Bucks Gallery of Fine Art, New Hope
- Doylestown Hospital. December 2012 to March 2013
- 2012 26th Annual Byers Bucks Fever Juried Art Exhibition @ Travis Gallery, Buckingham
Contact Frankie Balek at:
Patricia Hutton Gallery
47 West State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
361 South Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038